- Students must be 18 years of age at the start of the program;
- Proof of secondary school diploma, equivalent, or post secondary education must be provided;
- A successful interview with the director or the registrar to discuss why you would like to attend the school. The purpose of this interview is to educate the student and the faculty as to what can be expected while attending the CITCM as well as to determine the interest of the student in studying Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine;
- Why do you want to become a massage therapist?
- What support do you have while attending CITCM College?
- Why do you think you will succeed as a student?
- The student must be proficient in both written and spoken English. If English is not the applicant’s native language, the applicant must demonstrate both written and oral proficiency in English either by demonstrating ability to study in English to the Registrar or Executive Director of the Institute or submitting proof of a passing score on an ESL exam such as the TOEFL exam or the IELTS exam.
- TOEFL – Test Of English as a Foreign Language
- IELTS – International English Language Testing System
Foreign Students must receive a student visa in order to study at the CITCM. The CITCM is a government approved vocational school and is eligible to sponsor foreign students. All students are looked at individually and, as such, the above policies may be waived or altered on a case by case basis.Apply for a Student Visa
Application check list:
- Completed Application Form
- Two recent passport-size photos
- Official high school transcript , Official transcripts of all post-secondary educational institutions attended
- Two referral letters
- Updated personal resume
- A letter of intent
Completed application packages can be submitted to:
Canadian Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine
138 17th Ave N.E.
Calgary AB, T2E 1L6
- Applicants may be contacted to schedule an interview. Skype, or telephone if dependent on factors of location and application factors.
- Successful applicants will be sent to an –acceptance letter- for official enrollment. An acceptance letter will be sent to successful applicants for official enrollment.
- A $500.00 deposit is required to reserve admission and is payable within 14 days of receiving notification of acceptance. The $500.00 must be sent with the signed student contract.
Application forms are also available at our office. We welcome you.
We accept transfer credits from other college, massage school, universities, and TCM and acupuncture schools on a case by case evaluation.
CITCM College welcomes transfer students. Students who transfer to the CITCM require a minimum of 60 credits of study at the CITCM in order to receive a diploma from the CITCM.
Credit from other equivalent schools will be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
Call 888-859-8686 or email to find out more
Arrange to become a student for a day and audit classes. You will discover what fulfilled learning is all about and how your education is an enriching experience.
CITCM College is confident that you will enjoy the instruction, collaboration, and lifestyle that CITCM student’s value.
Start Making Your Path; email us or call us at 888-859-8686 to arrange a tour. Currently funding is available for the 4 year Acupuncture Diploma program.
Note: Classes are weekday mornings 8-12 allowing CITCM students to balance work, study, and personal time.
The CITCM College is approved for both federal and provincial student loans. Financial assistance may be available to those who qualify.Alberta Student Loans