Orthopedic assessment is a non-invasive protocol designed to identify most musculoskeletal dysfunction and to accurately monitor the treatment progress of the client. This makes the study of orthopedic Assessment, paramount to any massage training program. The importance of correctly identifying possible dysfunction and screening for in case of contraindication to the application of massage therapy cannot be underestimated.
Western orthopedic massage supported by scientific theories in anatomy, physiology, pathology, and professional massage techniques. Additionally, Eastern medicine and acupuncture theories, acupressure, basic and advanced Eastern massage techniques and modalities from Thai massage, Shiatsu, Reflexology and Cranial massage are introduced, studied, and applied to the treatment protocols. There are three primary focuses within the program.
Therapeutic Massage is increasingly an integral part of patient treatment. CITCM’s Western/Eastern Orthopedic approach give students the best modalities to treat chronic illness, pain, and injury.
Rehabilitation teachings have an emphasis on reducing pain caused from outside forces such as motor vehicle accidents, slips and falls, and repetitive strain disorders.
- Western Practices: Orthopedic Massage Techniques like Deep Friction massage
- Eastern Modalities: Acupressure and Meridian healing
Sport Recovery is assisting recreational and professional sport athletes to recuperate from injury and strenuous physical activity.
- Western Practices: Orthopedic Massage Techniques
- Eastern Modalities: Gua Sha, Tuina, Acupressure, Cupping
Clinical Care focuses on internal and systemic issues such as muscular injury, strains, pulls, arthritis, misalignment, and tension causing chronic pain and discomfort.
- Western Practices: Orthopedic Massage Techniques, laboratory test reading, Hydrotherapy and Manual Lymph Drainage
- Eastern Modalities: Open meridians and remove obstructions and stagnation with Eastern modalities including Cupping, Gua Sha, Acupressure
Massage is well known for its relaxation application. CITCM’s Western and Eastern methods offer the ultimate in calm, aesthetics and tranquility.
Calming Massage teachings emphasis is on letting go of tension caused by outside pressures such as work, family, and commitments.
- Western Practices: Soft Friction, and Hot-stone therapy
- Eastern Modalities: Cupping, Gua Sha, Tuina, Five Element theory
Your facial rejuvenation skills give clients a youthful radiant look, while restoring mental alertness with a
- Western Practices: Facial massage, Natural exfoliation techniques
- Eastern Modalities: Opening the Sky Acupressure techniques
Stress reduction for busy executives and couples to get-away, decompress and refocus.
- Western Practices: Hot Stone therapy and Swedish massage
- Eastern Modalities: Five-element Music, Five Element theory, Reflexology
Revitalization follows a holistic approach to health and wellness. CITCM’s Western and Eastern Integrated Orthopedic massage program develops harmony, which includes rejuvenation, holistic practices, and nutrition.
Rejuvenation massage teachings focus on replenishing the body, mind and soul to increase patient’s immunity and energy.
- Western Practices: Reflexology, Nutrition building blocks
- Eastern Modalities: Tonification methods, Acupressure and Meditation
Provide life changing services, such as being grounded, embracing emptiness to sharpen the mind,
and centering yourself.
- Western Practices: Reflexology and Swedish massage practices
- Eastern Modalities: Meridian and Shiatsu Massage
Nutrition therapy, guided by teachings of western nutrition to fuel the body is combined with eastern wisdom using foods and herbal knowledge that assist the body in self-repair.
- Western Practices: Replenishment with Nutritional Components
- Eastern Modalities: Healing Properties of Foods